Upcoming 2024 Elections:
February 20, 2024 – Spring Primary (if necessary)
April 2, 2024 – Spring Election & Presidential Preference Primary
August 13, 2024 – Primary Election
November 5, 2024 – General Election
All City of Eagle River residents vote at City Hall, 525 E. Maple Street, Eagle River. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
WHAT IS ON MY BALLOT?
You can view a sample ballot two weeks before an election by going to MyVote.wi.gov Click on Regular Voter, and enter your name or address.
PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ELECTIONS.
To find out if you have the right photo ID or instructions on how to receive a free state ID card visit bringit.wisconsin.gov
REGISTRATION Voter Registration Application
All City of Eagle River residents must be registered in order to vote. You can register in one of four ways:
- By mail. Up to 20 days before the election. Registration forms can be mailed to the City Clerk. You can start your voter registration form online at myvote.wi.gov. Your form must be printed, signed, and mailed or delivered, to your municipal clerk. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- In person with the City Clerk. You may register in-person up until the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. or close of business, whichever is later. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- At the polling place on Election Day. You may register at the polls on Election Day. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- Online. Only voters with a valid unexpired Wisconsin Drivers License or Wisconsin State ID Card may use the site to register to vote. Click hereto register. You will need your Wisconsin Drivers License or Wisconsin State Id Card number in order to register to vote online. You will also need to match the name, date of birth, and address on file with the Wisconsin DMV in order to register to vote online. If a match can not be made with the Wisconsin DMV, you will still be able to register to vote by printing, signing, and mailing your registration form along with proof of residence to your municipal clerk. Registering online is only available up to 20 days before the election..
Proof of residence (POR) documentation must show your name, your address and prove that you have resided in the City of Eagle River for at least 28 days. Please click here for proof of residence examples.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS Absentee Ballot Request
- By Mail: If you are a registered Wisconsin voter, you can complete the form and mail it to the City Clerk. Your application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you. Remember to include a copy of your photo ID with your application.
- Online or Email: Registered voters with a copy of their valid photo ID on file with the municipal clerk can make absentee ballot requests by sending an email to the municipal clerk or through Myvote.wi.gov. If a voter is registered and does not have a valid photo ID on file, MyVote will create an absentee request form for the voter and prompt them to send it to their municipal clerk along with a copy of their photo ID. Please note absentee BALLOTS cannot be RETURNED BY EMAIL, they will need to be sent through the postal service.
- In-person Absentee Voting (early voting) is conducted with the City Clerk. In-person absentee voting (also known as early voting) begins as soon as the ballots become available. City Hall is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for early voting.
- The Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled absentee ballot drop boxes are illegal in Wisconsin. The Supreme Court also ruled that voters must personally deliver absentee ballots that are dropped off at the clerk’s office. It is illegal for someone else, like a spouse or roommate, to return a voter’s completed absentee ballot to the clerk’s office. The voter must carry out that task personally.
Your ballot must be received in time to be delivered to the City polling place no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Options for returning your ballot include:
- Mail it back
- Drop it off at the City Clerk’s office
- Drop it off at the City polling place on Election Day
All City of Eagle River residents vote at City Hall, 525 E. Maple Street, Eagle River. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for all elections.
For election results click here.